So... Please be patient with me seeing I am a first-time blogger. I am following in the foot steps of a younger prodigy Mickey.. aka Dolce Vita.
I love to just have random thoughts and so I thought why not blog about them.
This weekend was pretty intense and fun at the same time. Friday night I got to go to a Washington Wizards game and they took on the Chicago Bulls. Also in attendance was the President of the United States Barack Obama!
Here is how I felt about that:
Tonight we went to see the Washington Wizards take on the Chicago Bulls. My best friend Nam was there but in another section. Stacey was there... Emil from PR and even Ever was there.. Washington Post employees were everywhere. I never thought in my life I would come face to face with the President of the United States. I never thought my daughter would be able to tell a story that she shook the President's hand at a basketball game.
So we were sitting in Section 111 and the guy behind us kept provoking me to go walk down the isle and over to him because he noticed no guard in our area. So after halftime we did. He walked with us and as we approached Barack I made eye contact and smiled and he smiled back...but as soon as I passed he made eye contact with Nadia and stuck out his hand. Nadia paused and smiled so big and said "Hi, nice to meet you."" I then said Nadia show him your tshirt, and she did and he said awesome. After that.. we were both star struck... LITERALLY... :-) As we walked on our way..(we got pushed on) I realized that Nadia got to experience a once in a lifetime moment that many people will only wish to have seen.
I am very blessed and I hope my daughter realizes the true meaning behind tonight.
I think the song for my night.. is "Oh What a Night" Who sings that?
Thanks for listening....
Mixitalian
So we were sitting in Section 111 and the guy behind us kept provoking me to go walk down the isle and over to him because he noticed no guard in our area. So after halftime we did. He walked with us and as we approached Barack I made eye contact and smiled and he smiled back...but as soon as I passed he made eye contact with Nadia and stuck out his hand. Nadia paused and smiled so big and said "Hi, nice to meet you."" I then said Nadia show him your tshirt, and she did and he said awesome. After that.. we were both star struck... LITERALLY... :-) As we walked on our way..(we got pushed on) I realized that Nadia got to experience a once in a lifetime moment that many people will only wish to have seen.
I am very blessed and I hope my daughter realizes the true meaning behind tonight.
I think the song for my night.. is "Oh What a Night" Who sings that?
Thanks for listening....
Mixitalian
**************************
Obama attends Washington Wizards basketball game
By CHRISTINE SIMMONS – 41 minutes ago
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama took a break from politics Friday to sit courtside at a basketball game between his hometown team Chicago Bulls and the Washington Wizards.
As Obama arrived at the Verizon Center, fans and the players applauded him. Obama chose a corner chair to sit with some old friends from Chicago and shook hands with fans sitting behind him.
The president pumped his fist and grinned when the Bulls scored several of their points. But he was largely subdued, clapping politely, with his Chicago team trailing for much of the game. Obama left the match early with about four minutes remaining — and his hometown team trailing 17 points.
The Wizards beat the Bulls, 113-90.
The game was delayed slightly as officials waited for his entrance.
Obama had already welcomed the Bulls into town Thursday, when the team visited him at the White House and presented him with a jersey.
White House senior adviser David Axelrod also attended Friday's game.
By CHRISTINE SIMMONS – 41 minutes ago
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama took a break from politics Friday to sit courtside at a basketball game between his hometown team Chicago Bulls and the Washington Wizards.
As Obama arrived at the Verizon Center, fans and the players applauded him. Obama chose a corner chair to sit with some old friends from Chicago and shook hands with fans sitting behind him.
The president pumped his fist and grinned when the Bulls scored several of their points. But he was largely subdued, clapping politely, with his Chicago team trailing for much of the game. Obama left the match early with about four minutes remaining — and his hometown team trailing 17 points.
The Wizards beat the Bulls, 113-90.
The game was delayed slightly as officials waited for his entrance.
Obama had already welcomed the Bulls into town Thursday, when the team visited him at the White House and presented him with a jersey.
White House senior adviser David Axelrod also attended Friday's game.


I CAN'T GET OVER HOW LUCKY YOU TWO ARE, ESP. NADIA!!! I would look EXACTLY like her expression and never wash my hands either!!! lol is he as good looking in person as he is on tv?? ;) SOOO COOL!!! As i just told you on gmail, Max booked us tickets for the Mavs vs. Wizards game on my bday, Sat!!! I pretty much doubt that i will run into "my husband" Obama, but a girl can wish ;)
ReplyDeletehonestly, SOOOO HAPPY for her!!! & i'm glad you're blogging your crazy fun thoughts/times xo
ps. Four Seasons sing that song... DUH!!!
Yes.. He is that handsome and more.. I am very envious of Michelle. It was so exciting.. so exciting that I am stopping everyone and telling them. I am jealous that you are going to another game. I wish I was.. even if Barack was there. Nadia was screaming the whole game for them, I should of took video of her. It was to funny...
ReplyDelete