
Recap of the past year... I moved here from California this month and I am looking back at it and thinking wow...It was pretty busy!
2008 was a complicated year for this Mixitalian. A little history about that. As I was going through a divorce, I also lost my job and and was really going through a state of a mini-depression. Nadia was questioning my decision so I needed to get my life in order. My family was there to an extent, my mom took Nadia at times so I could just be by myself. It helped because it gave me time to think about what I wanted and where I saw myself going. I was a little disappointed in my other family members because I felt for the first time in my life that I was going through some major issues. Even though they were not there I felt that it only made me stronger as a person. So I finally took a job even though I had made up my mind to move back to DC. I finally got a job offer after two weeks of searching and a month of flying back and forth to Cali and DC. I took a job at New Horizons in Tyson's Corner. I had a good time picking up a few new skills. I also met a very inspiring man named Taj Elshush. He taught me that I have so much potential that I finally decided to realize one of my passions.
Well let's just say sales and our economy got in the way and I decided that I didn't want to be with a company that was sales driven and did not take care of the people that truly represented them to the public..aka "The Trainers". I was told by my father that no matter what or where I am at, Nagita is always able to get a job. He has always been right, and I actually called my old place of employment (The Washington Post) to see if they were hiring and by George they were. The catch, I was going to be doing partly what I use to do and also taking on a part of administrative duties..Now that was something I did not want to do.
**BEGGARS CAN'T BE CHOOSERS**
So I took the job... It's still a learning process on a lot of fronts, but I can't complain in today's economic crisis, I am glad that I have a job. It was a long year, Nadia, Marie (my mother), and Sophie finally made it to Washington DC. We moved in with my good friend Stephen. Let's just say it was a crowded house and I eventually moved out 9 months too late.
So I am settling into a place that is very small, but you have to start somewhere. I have made a few decisions and I am going to stick by them. I know before I leave this earth I will be debt free, have lived in a foreign country, and hopefully raised Nadia to the best of my ability. Of course there was more, but I have Internet ADD so I will have to re-address these at a later date and time.
Thanks for reading.............
(TBC)
2008 was a complicated year for this Mixitalian. A little history about that. As I was going through a divorce, I also lost my job and and was really going through a state of a mini-depression. Nadia was questioning my decision so I needed to get my life in order. My family was there to an extent, my mom took Nadia at times so I could just be by myself. It helped because it gave me time to think about what I wanted and where I saw myself going. I was a little disappointed in my other family members because I felt for the first time in my life that I was going through some major issues. Even though they were not there I felt that it only made me stronger as a person. So I finally took a job even though I had made up my mind to move back to DC. I finally got a job offer after two weeks of searching and a month of flying back and forth to Cali and DC. I took a job at New Horizons in Tyson's Corner. I had a good time picking up a few new skills. I also met a very inspiring man named Taj Elshush. He taught me that I have so much potential that I finally decided to realize one of my passions.
Well let's just say sales and our economy got in the way and I decided that I didn't want to be with a company that was sales driven and did not take care of the people that truly represented them to the public..aka "The Trainers". I was told by my father that no matter what or where I am at, Nagita is always able to get a job. He has always been right, and I actually called my old place of employment (The Washington Post) to see if they were hiring and by George they were. The catch, I was going to be doing partly what I use to do and also taking on a part of administrative duties..Now that was something I did not want to do.
**BEGGARS CAN'T BE CHOOSERS**
So I took the job... It's still a learning process on a lot of fronts, but I can't complain in today's economic crisis, I am glad that I have a job. It was a long year, Nadia, Marie (my mother), and Sophie finally made it to Washington DC. We moved in with my good friend Stephen. Let's just say it was a crowded house and I eventually moved out 9 months too late.
So I am settling into a place that is very small, but you have to start somewhere. I have made a few decisions and I am going to stick by them. I know before I leave this earth I will be debt free, have lived in a foreign country, and hopefully raised Nadia to the best of my ability. Of course there was more, but I have Internet ADD so I will have to re-address these at a later date and time.
Thanks for reading.............
(TBC)
No comments:
Post a Comment