Greetings,
Another emotional Tuesday is here..Sorry to bring religion to this blog, but I want to pass this on to everyone who is against Gay Marriage and the ones who think PROP 8 should pass.
Listen to Keith and the facts he brings. Less than 40 Yrs ago my parents would not be allowed to marry in some states. Think about it! Does being concerned about what other people do affect how you will leave this earth and which heaven or hell you will go to. You have less then 50 years to be that great person. Teach your kids your morals and your values, and if you have raised them right they will continue to follow them. Why are we as AMERICANS the GREAT DEMOCRACY still trying to HINDER people from what they want to DO!! All they want to do is love!
Keith Olbermann delivered a rousing, emotional, 6-minute special comment on Prop 8 Monday night. Olbermann, who has never married, vehemently disagrees with its passage and the ban on gay marriage.
"I am not personally vested in this," he said, "yet this vote is horrible. Horrible... This is about the human heart." After going through the history of marriage in the United States, and reminding viewers not only that marriage between black and white people used to be illegal in 1/3 of the country, but illegal between slaves, he made a plea for love and the spread of happiness.
"The world is barren enough... with so much hate in the world, so much meaningless division... this is what your religion tells you to do?... this is what your heart tells you to do?... You are asked to stand now on a question of love."
Nagita has shared a Huffington Post article with you:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/10/keith-olbermanns-prop-8-s_n_142862.html
Nagita's ( love it when I speak in 3rd person) thought on this:
What is PROP 8: http://www.whatisprop8.com/ THIS IS SITE OF COURSE IF FOR IT!
Here is a website that is non-judgment based and lists some lawsuits affected by this: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=91486191
I ask my fellow Christians this: If you provide a public service: (catering, adoption, a doctor, a psychologist, a photographer, accountant, hairdresser) If they came to you to provide service at there wedding or civil union would you put your religious views aside or would you deny them service?
Gay people are born everyday. You will never legislate that away. Or can you? I ask myself, When did it become okay to legislate morality? I try to envision someone reading that legislation "eliminates the right" and then clicking yes. What goes through their mind?
Was it the frightening commercial where the little girl comes home and says, "Hi mom, we learned about gays in class today" and then the mother gets that awful worried look and the scary music plays? Do they not know anyone who is gay? If they do, can they look them in the face and say "I believe you do not deserve the same rights as me"? Do they think that their children will never encounter a gay person? Do they think they will never have to explain the 40% of us who are gay and living and working side by side with all the citizens of the US? I know when I grew up gay was a bad word. Homo, lezzie, faggot, dyke.
Ignorance and fear ruled the day. There were so many "thems" back then. The blacks, the poor ... you know, "them". Then there was the immigrants. "Them." Now the them is friends of mine, my neighbor! I tell myself to take a breath, okay take another one, one of the thems made it to the top (WHICH COULD BE MY DAD) . President Elect Obama has been elected president.
This crazy fearful insanity will end soon. This great state and this great country of ours will finally come to the understanding that there is no "them". We are one. We are united. What you do to someone else you do to yourself. That "judge not, lest ye yourself be judged" are truthful words and not Christian rhetoric. (THIS IS FROM A FELLOW GAY MUSIC STAR) Melissa Ethridge, BREAST CANCER SURVIVOR) Having cancer is a HUMAN thing, not a GAY THING!
What type of Christians are we. We left England to praise a different god! Do Gay people have to leave the US to be who they are! Christians, Indians, Blacks, Woman, we all fought to have the same HUMAN rights at the WHITE MAN... (PEOPLE WHO DIED FOR HUMAN RIGHTS) JFK, MLK, ETC ETC YOU GET MY POINT Why are we passing judgment on GAYS! I am a VETERAN and I FOUGHT FOR EVERY HUMAN!!
SO HAPPY VETERANS DAY TO AL HUMANS WHO FOUGHT!
I HOPE PROP 8 FAILS AND we as CHRISTIANS CAN START SPREADING LOVE INSTEAD OF HATE!
Love,
Mixitalian
ARMY VET, Daughter of AIR FORCE VET, BROTHER TO AIR FORCE VET!!
Another emotional Tuesday is here..Sorry to bring religion to this blog, but I want to pass this on to everyone who is against Gay Marriage and the ones who think PROP 8 should pass.
Listen to Keith and the facts he brings. Less than 40 Yrs ago my parents would not be allowed to marry in some states. Think about it! Does being concerned about what other people do affect how you will leave this earth and which heaven or hell you will go to. You have less then 50 years to be that great person. Teach your kids your morals and your values, and if you have raised them right they will continue to follow them. Why are we as AMERICANS the GREAT DEMOCRACY still trying to HINDER people from what they want to DO!! All they want to do is love!
Keith Olbermann delivered a rousing, emotional, 6-minute special comment on Prop 8 Monday night. Olbermann, who has never married, vehemently disagrees with its passage and the ban on gay marriage.
"I am not personally vested in this," he said, "yet this vote is horrible. Horrible... This is about the human heart." After going through the history of marriage in the United States, and reminding viewers not only that marriage between black and white people used to be illegal in 1/3 of the country, but illegal between slaves, he made a plea for love and the spread of happiness.
"The world is barren enough... with so much hate in the world, so much meaningless division... this is what your religion tells you to do?... this is what your heart tells you to do?... You are asked to stand now on a question of love."
Nagita has shared a Huffington Post article with you:
http://www.huffingtonpost.
Nagita's ( love it when I speak in 3rd person) thought on this:
What is PROP 8: http://www.whatisprop8.com
Here is a website that is non-judgment based and lists some lawsuits affected by this: http://www.npr.org/templat
I ask my fellow Christians this: If you provide a public service: (catering, adoption, a doctor, a psychologist, a photographer, accountant, hairdresser) If they came to you to provide service at there wedding or civil union would you put your religious views aside or would you deny them service?
Gay people are born everyday. You will never legislate that away. Or can you? I ask myself, When did it become okay to legislate morality? I try to envision someone reading that legislation "eliminates the right" and then clicking yes. What goes through their mind?
Was it the frightening commercial where the little girl comes home and says, "Hi mom, we learned about gays in class today" and then the mother gets that awful worried look and the scary music plays? Do they not know anyone who is gay? If they do, can they look them in the face and say "I believe you do not deserve the same rights as me"? Do they think that their children will never encounter a gay person? Do they think they will never have to explain the 40% of us who are gay and living and working side by side with all the citizens of the US? I know when I grew up gay was a bad word. Homo, lezzie, faggot, dyke.
Ignorance and fear ruled the day. There were so many "thems" back then. The blacks, the poor ... you know, "them". Then there was the immigrants. "Them." Now the them is friends of mine, my neighbor! I tell myself to take a breath, okay take another one, one of the thems made it to the top (WHICH COULD BE MY DAD) . President Elect Obama has been elected president.
This crazy fearful insanity will end soon. This great state and this great country of ours will finally come to the understanding that there is no "them". We are one. We are united. What you do to someone else you do to yourself. That "judge not, lest ye yourself be judged" are truthful words and not Christian rhetoric. (THIS IS FROM A FELLOW GAY MUSIC STAR) Melissa Ethridge, BREAST CANCER SURVIVOR) Having cancer is a HUMAN thing, not a GAY THING!
What type of Christians are we. We left England to praise a different god! Do Gay people have to leave the US to be who they are! Christians, Indians, Blacks, Woman, we all fought to have the same HUMAN rights at the WHITE MAN... (PEOPLE WHO DIED FOR HUMAN RIGHTS) JFK, MLK, ETC ETC YOU GET MY POINT Why are we passing judgment on GAYS! I am a VETERAN and I FOUGHT FOR EVERY HUMAN!!
SO HAPPY VETERANS DAY TO AL HUMANS WHO FOUGHT!
I HOPE PROP 8 FAILS AND we as CHRISTIANS CAN START SPREADING LOVE INSTEAD OF HATE!
Love,
Mixitalian
ARMY VET, Daughter of AIR FORCE VET, BROTHER TO AIR FORCE VET!!
"This is about the human heart" - i love that.
ReplyDeleteYeah girl, you would have LOOOOVED Soledad's speech. I was one of those people that can't fathom that interacial couples weren't allowed to marry in the late 50's! I loved her story about how even AFTER they married, everyone told them not to have kids because bi-racial kids would never be accepted. She said her parents were "good" listeners- they had 6 kids!
I HOPE IT FAILS!!!!